The Pickup the Ball Assist Scholarship is established to pair donors and Teammates of Pickup the Ball to provide financial assistance in their pursuit of higher education, and to assist students in academic support to position them for success.
Teammate eligibility requirements:
- You must be a member in good standing of Pickup the Ball.
- You must fill out the Assist Scholarship Application.
- You must be accepted to a college, university or trade school. Checks will be written directly to the institution.
- In order to continue to be eligible for future funding, you must:
- Write a thank you letter to your donor each time a donation is made on your behalf;
- Show progress toward your degree with a minimum of 12 credits being earned per semester and a minimum 2.0 GPA, and;
- Document participation in a supplemental academic resource through the institution, if available, in the form of:
- Structured academic resource support
- A learning/life skills class taught at the institution
- Depending on the type of donation, you may be required to meet your donor in person at least once a year at a dinner designed for this interaction.
Donors may establish scholarships in one of the following ways:
- Pickup the Ball Directed: Donate money and ask Pickup the Ball to select a recipient.
- Donor Advised: Donate money and provide Pickup the Ball guidance on additional criteria that is important to you, asking Pickup the Ball to select a recipient that meets that criteria.
- Donor Directed: Request applications from applicants so you may select a recipient.
You may expect a thank you letter from your recipient, and an opportunity to meet your Teammate. If you are planning to continue giving, you may expect to get a report on their progress in school.
All checks are written from Pickup the Ball to the institution, not to the Teammate.